SOUP is a great way to raise money, build community support and get connections to local resources that can help you carry out your project.
- Your proposal doesn’t need to be a novel. Keep it short, quick and to the point!
- Your idea can be about ANYTHING!
- The idea must be about the 138 square miles of Detroit, Highland Park, and Hamtramck.
- You do not have to be a resident to submit an idea.
- We DO NOT email you to say that we received your application. When you hit the word “submit” a screen will prompt you that we received it.
- You can submit your idea more than once! If you idea doesn’t get selected for this months soup SUBMIT AGAIN! There are often up to 20 ideas submitted a month and only 4 submissions are chosen to share at the SOUP.
- Save your work ahead of time. Once you submit your application there isn’t an email sharing your work post submission. Save it so if you want to resubmit later you have the language you want for later!
- Anything you submit (except your phone number) will be used to print at the dinners. So make sure you edit, look for spelling errors, etc.
- We DO NOT use technology to present (aka powerpoint or things that are based on the idea of the projector)
- If you have never been to a SOUP before…come! See what this is about. This is different than anything you submitted to before. It’s not formal, you can sit on the ground, anything can happen, magic is everywhere. I strongly suggest attending before submitting but that’s just me. Not a rule.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
There are a lot of SOUPs popping up around the city. Please email us at email@example.com if you’re having trouble deciding which SOUP to apply to. We’re happy to help!
Want help with your proposal? Attend a SOUP Proposal Workshop! SOUP Proposal Workshops can help potential SOUP applicants break down their project’s components (identifying goals, activities, funding needs, etc.) and apply it into a SOUP proposal. Attendees also have a chance to practice telling their project’s story as they would in a SOUP pitch. For more info on attending a SOUP Proposal Workshop email firstname.lastname@example.org.